Sunday 19 September 2010

Diamante and Pearls, Ribbon and Ruching, Beads and Blushes

I know, I know, it's been ages since I've updated! I've had a lot of exciting shoots recently but am reluctant to post without the images - hopefully I'll be able to remedy this soon!

Anyway, I was lucky enough to be asked recently to model for the new 2011 collection of Chanticleer wedding dresses, each made by the extremely talented bridal designer Tracey Salt in Cheltenham. One look at the Chanticleer website and I knew this would be a wonderful day; the dresses are exquisite.

We shot at Badger Farm, having stayed over the night before in the cottage. It was such a varied, beautiful location; the views all around were amazing (as you can see in one of the images below). It was a brilliant case of everyone pulling their weight and doing their bit; 2 models and 18 dresses to get through in one day (11 hours!), all with different hair and make up, and each needing help to get into and out of each dress, trains carried for walking outside between locations, beautiful shoes carried until the last moment for minimal mud-sinking, fluffy robes held to be thrown on between sets (there was a very cold wind on the day!)... We were well looked after! All in all, the shots below are due to the brilliant teamwork of the following:

Designer: Tracey Salt (Chanticleer)
Assistant: Natalie Russell (Chanticleer)
Photography team: Chris and Claire Hanley
Make up: Hannah Raison
Hair: James
Beautiful and lovely other model: Rachel Hetherington
Thanks also to Liz Parker, Tracey's mum, and for the gorgeous jewellery and shoes (which I don't have a link for but may be found via the Chanticleer website).

The theme of the collection is 'Back to Nature'. Each of the 18 dresses is named after a fairy. Cute or what! Here are the 9 dresses I modelled...

Jocasta:

Oriana:

Aphrodite:

Cassandra:

Paloma:

Arabella:

Carmel:

Minerva:

If you like what you see and are feeling bridally inclined, you can visit visit both Chanticleer and Chris Hanley Photography at this year's National wedding Show at the NEC, from October 8-10th October.

* * * * * * * *

Behind the scenes... :-)

 The Eeyore robe I fell in love with. WARM:

My mug:

 The princess dress, Oriana (Hhm, earring still with its tag on):

Tracey (designer) getting rather hands-on with my underskirt... I love my face in this. I don't think I'm totally sure what's happening to me.

'Get me to the location on time!'