Monday 4 August 2014

Romantische

I'm back from my 5 days of nature hikes photoshoots in Germany's beautiful and atmospheric Black Forest. You might have seen a few additions to my rather tongue-in-cheek 'Today's Office' album on facebook. :-) Various photographers and I hiked to lakes, stepped across rocks in winding creeks, trekked through tic-filled(!!) forests and visited a small tourist area set up specifically to show enormous roots of trees broken in a storm. I was amazed to realise that the ubiquitous amazingly-tall pine trees were actually the result of neat management and that if left completely natural (as this tourist spot was, to show the difference, and how nature is resilient enough to creatively overcome storm damage and keep growing new life), the plants and trees that grow are far more diverse. I hope to have lots of new images to show soon from this trip.

After consecutive days of hiking and walking up and down steep hills to find the most beautiful locations, I was really pleased to discover that my fitness levels were much better than I thought, after having whooping cough earlier this year had put almost a complete stop to my cardio routine... I'm actually feeling fitter than ever at the moment; and experimenting with a new dietary lifestyle (not to lose weight - I like my curves - but for moral/health/responsibility reasons) is only amplifying the effect. :-)

In the meantime, here are some more romantische portraits from the very prolific David Bailey...